Black Friday is one of the biggest days of the year for retailers. Brands from luxe to high street slash their prices to try and entice shoppers looking to grab a bargain in the weeks before Christmas, with the scenes tending to create front page news as people fight over the best deals.
What started in the U.S as a day of Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving, has turned into a global phenomenon, with many other countries participating in 24 hours – or in some cases a whole weekend - of frantic bargain-hunting.
On December 5th, The Drum & Pi Datametrics brought together industry experts to recap on the winners and losers from Black Friday 2018.
In this session Jon Earnshaw, CTO at Pi Datametrics and a guest speaker explored:
• The top performers on the day
• Online growth of Black Friday 2018
• The top searches of the day
• The search landscape composition every two hours, on the day
• The 6 steps to a successful Black Friday strategy in 2019