Carnyx Group Ltd, publisher of The Drum, welcomes you to our website.
The following terms apply to your use of the The Drum website ('the Website') and all content which may be accessed in several ways, including but not limited to the world wide web, PDA, mobile devices and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access The Drum content, on whatever device. By using this website you are deemed to have accepted the following conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. Copyright of the Website is owned by Carnyx Group Ltd and its licensors. The Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of the Website without the express written permission of Carnyx Group Ltd. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
2. The names, images and logos identifying Carnyx Group Ltd, The Drum or third parties and their products and services, are proprietary marks of Carnyx Group Ltd, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Carnyx Group Ltd reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
3. Content on the Website is provided for general information only to inform you about industry developments which may be of interest. At no point does it constitute legal advice (or any other type of advice) and should not be relied upon for this purpose.
4. Carnyx Group Ltd is providing the content in good faith but no warranty or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up to date. Use of content on the Website is entirely at your own risk. Carnyx Group Ltd takes reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs on the Website and no liability is accepted for them and you must take your own precautions in this respect.
5. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Carnyx Group Ltd makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be interrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
6. This Website contains links to other websites. Carnyx Group Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by Carnyx Group Ltd or The Drum of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. Parts of the Site contain advertising and sponsorship. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material, which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
8. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
9. Changes to these Terms & Conditions
We can change these Terms at any time, without notice, and your continued use of the Services after any change we make will mean that you agreed with the changes. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
10. These terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with Scottish law.
Areas of The Drum website are restricted to registered users and subscribers and are controlled by username and password. We allow you to access these restricted areas of the site on the basis that:
1. Your username and password are personal to you and shall not be used by anyone else to access these restricted areas;
2. You provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by The Drum in the application;
3. You do not do anything that would assist anyone who is not a registered user to The Drum, or an approved user of the Administration areas to gain access to these restricted areas or any documents contained therein;
4. You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another individual, organisation or brand;
5. You have read, understood and comply with these Terms & Conditions.
Carnyx Group Ltd reserves the right to cancel your registration to the site and/or refuse you access to restricted areas immediately and without giving you any advance notice. Carnyx Group Ltd shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
The Drum Plus
1. Auto-renewal service is only available on payments made with credit card (based on market).
2. The Drum will automatically renew your subscription by charging the designated credit card account at the prevailing rate. This will continue until The Drum receives your subscription cancellation notification.
3. A renewal notification will be sent approximately two weeks before your subscription expires.
4. The nominated credit card will be debited on the day of expiry of your subscription.
5. To avoid any delay or interruption of your membership please inform us if your nominated credit card account details have changed.
6. The Drum reserves the right to make any pricing adjustment.
7. The Drum reserves the right of final decision in all matters relating to this promotion.
8. These terms and conditions may be amended at any time.
If you wish to cancel your subscription email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any cancellation request will take affect at the end of your current subscription term.
1. Users of the The Drum Website may submit material for publication in sections of the Website. Some of these areas are restricted to Registered users only. Carnyx Group Ltd accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by Carnyx Group Ltd and is not responsible for its content or accuracy.
If you want to submit material to the Website you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
i. You grant Carnyx Group Ltd a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format.
ii. You warrant to Carnyx Group Ltd that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.
iii. You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal.
iv. You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
v. You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause Carnyx Group Ltd damage or loss and agree to indemnify Carnyx Group Ltd in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs,loss or damage incurred by Carnyx Group Ltd as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.
vi. Submitted content (text and images) must not be used as a job recruitment mechanism. Vacancies can only be advertised through The Drum Jobs section.
vii. Content must be accurate and truthful. Obscene, offensive, defamatory, illegal or otherwise negative comments of people, companies, organisations or brands is strictly forbidden. Content should be relevant to the readers of The Drum website and should not be used for excessive linking, keyword stuffing, spam and advertising. Users and content found to be breaching these terms will removed and may be refused future access.
The Drum Open Mic
The Drum Open Mic section is a marketing services directory and is intended for marketing, digital, design and advertising companies, freelancers and consultants and those allied companies whose services and products are aimed at this sector. You may register and post free and paid listings onto the profile on the basis that:
i. Carnyx Group Ltd retains the right to suspend and delete listings if they are deemed inappropriate or not relevant to the Open Mic section.
ii. Where free listings are offered one only is permitted for each company, freelance, or consultant. Multiple registrations are not permitted and may be suspended.
iii. You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
v. Carnyx Group Ltd reserves the right to cancel, suspend or delete a Profile listing and its account and/or refuse you access to restricted administration areas at any time. Carnyx Group Ltd shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
CVs and job advertisementsJob advertisements contained on the site are provided by prospective employers and their agents and are not necessarily reviewed by Carnyx Group Ltd. Carnyx Group accepts no responsibility or liability for the contents of advertisements and expect candidates to carry out such verification procedures as are necessary and prudent in the circumstances.
My DRUM Jobs tools
Users are provided with facilities to manage and assist job seeking through My DRUM Jobs facility. The purpose of these tools is to allow users to store jobs, applications, CVs, letters and sign up for email job alerts. Carnyx Group does not offer any warranty that these facilities will be available in the same form and may withdraw this facility at any time.
Recruitment consultancies and employment businesses
If you are a recruitment consultancy or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that advertisements and job postings you place on thedrum.com comply with your obligations under the Act and Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004 and all other legislation. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the advertisements you place on www.thedrum.com.
Job Advertisement Rules
Carnyx Group Ltd has rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on thedrum.com. The rules ensure the user receives a fair and clear response from using the website. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from thedrum.com any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
- No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs.
- No deliberate inserting of words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
- Job advertisements placed in the jobs section on thedrum.com must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
- Job titles must be clear and concise. The Job Title field should only used for this purpose and not include additional content/description.
- Duplicate jobs cannot be advertised within one job posting.
- Email links or URLs (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links and url linking is permitted from the Company Profile page.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If we believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from thedrum.com without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Termination of access to administration Control Panel
Carnyx Group Ltd reserves the right to withdraw access to the administration Control Panel at any time. Carnyx Group Ltd shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
Responses to advertisements
Advertisers agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who respond to an advertisement that have been posted and not do anything which may bring thedrum.com into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against thedrum.com arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Carnyx Group Ltd does not guarantee any response to your advertisement nor that responses will be from individuals suitable for the advertised job. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
Content and links
Advertisers are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from thedrum.com any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring The Drum or Carnyx Group into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
By confirming your attendance at one of The Drums events, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research. To do this we may share your information with our business partners. A list of all delegates may be published and circulated at the event and/or on the event website. Some of our events are supported by business partners. If this is the case, we will share the delegate list and any relevant completed delegate feedback forms with them.
Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated.
Credit/debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website.
All cancelations must be made in writing to The Drum, 4th Floor, Mercat Building, 26 Gallowgate, Glasgow G1 5AB and received by us no later than 22 days before the date of the event. You may substitute delegates at any time by providing reasonable advance notice to The Drum.
For any cancelations received in writing not less than twenty-two (22) days prior to the conference, you will receive a 90% credit. An administration fee of 10% of the contract fee will be retained by The Drum for all permitted cancelations. No credit will be issued for any cancelations occurring within twenty-one (21) days (inclusive) of the conference.
Credit/debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website.All cancelations must be made in writing to The Drum, 4th Floor, Mercat Building, 26 Gallowgate, Glasgow G1 5AB and received by us no later than 22 days before the date of the event. You may substitute delegates at anytime by providing reasonable advance notice to The Drum.For any cancelations received in writing not less than twenty-two (22) days prior to the conference, you will receive a 90% credit. An administration fee of 10% of the contract fee will be retained by The Drum for all permitted cancelations. No credit will be issued for any cancelations occurring within twenty-one (21) days (inclusive) of the conference.In the event that The Drum Limited cancels an event for any reason, you will receive a credit for 100% of the contract fee paid. In the event that The Drum postpones an event for any reason and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend in on the rescheduled date, you will receive a credit for 100% of the contract fee paid. The Drum shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this conference is canceled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible.
For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency. Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancelations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, The Drum reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.