Digital Transformation

Jellyfish acquires The ASO Co as it doubles down on app space

Author

By Rebecca Stewart | Trends Editor

October 1, 2018 | 3 min read

Jellyfish has acquired The ASO Co, an App Store optimisation agency that counts Spotify, eBay and Twitter among its clients.

The digital marketing shop hopes the buy will expand the current app services it offers to clients around mobile strategy and apple search ads.

jellyfish

James Bott and Thomas Twigg pictured with Jellyfish chief exec Rob Pierre

The ASO Co was founded two years ago by James Bott and Thomas Twigg. It lets clients optimise the organic search visibility of apps, as well as conversion rates, by maximising keywords, creative execution and reviews.

Around 30 staff will now move to Jellyfish's London HQ and the two agencies will combine resources.

The acquisition forms part of Jellyfish’s continued global expansion, which has recently seen a move into APAC.

The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.

Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.

Sign up

Rob Pierre, chief executive at Jellyfish, said of The ASO Co: "To grow a company into a market leader in just two years is impressive. As Google and Apple invest further in app products and analytics, it’s more important than ever for us to be able to offer this capability to clients. Our values and vision perfectly aligned to make this the right acquisition at the right time."

Jellyfish has acquired 75% of the business with an agreement to acquire the remaining 25% at the end of a 21-month period.

Digital Transformation

More from Digital Transformation

View all

Trending

Industry insights

View all
Add your own content +