The Covid-19 outbreak propelled gaming to a whole new level in 2020. Mobile players of the moment are younger and more social, unlocking a host of new and varied opportunities in mobile gaming for brands. In the last year there has been a 50% increase in the number of mobile gamers in the UK alone - with 8.6 million new players – which presens exciting new opportunities for marketers.
In a podcast hosted by The Drum, senior reporter Chris Sutcliffe talks to Facebook Gaming’s EMEA head of marketing, Tim Lion, and in-game advertising platform Anzu’s vice-president of marketing, Natalia Vasilyeva, about where the biggest opportunities are emerging to reach gaming audiences and how marketers can level up their campaigns in 2021 and beyond. Gaming is an engrossing and emotive experience – the brands that can reach audiences in that space have huge potential on their hands.
The experts discuss Facebook Gaming’s new Games Marketing Insights for 2021 report, which taps into 13,246 self-reporting gamers across nine markets (the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Korea, Japan, Vietnam and Brazil) to understand changing player behavior, demographics, motivations, preferences and spending habits across this new media channel.
Listen now to discover:
- Trends and insights around the growth of mobile gaming
- The changing consumer behaviors of gamers globally
- How these behaviours will persist after the end of the pandemic
- How you can tap into new opportunities in the gaming space
- The creative potential of in-app or in-game advertising
- Take away tips for reaching the gaming audience