Walmart and Amazon see largest Social Lift from commercials in November 2016
Found Remote is continuing our partnership with 4C to look at brands' Social Lift after their commercials air. Walmart and Amazon were in the lead in November as the holiday season heated up. Here are the full insights for the above charts.
- Walmart’s ads during the week of Black Friday drove over 190% engagement lift on broadcast and 139% engagement lift on cable, which raised Walmart’s overall TV Social Lift Impact in November and placed the Black Friday destination at the top of the broadcast rankings.
- While other retailers including Macy’s and Target were focusing on Black Friday promos, Alexa Moments had the greatest impact on social engagement for Amazon propelling the brand to the top of November's cable rankings.
- An advertising boost during NFL games promoting its VR products earned Samsung the second spot on the broadcast rankings.
- Bud Light and Coors Light achieved strong impact from their respective broadcast ads. Bud Light leaned into ads for its NFL team cans while Coors Light continued to focus on its brewing process.
- To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
- By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- For example, Walmart's 141.1% TV Social Lift Impact means Walmart's broadcast TV ads increased Walmart’s social engagements by 141.1% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners use 4C to improve effectiveness on TV, digital, social and mobile. The 4C product suite includes activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax global TV monitoring network and proprietary social affinity database. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 17 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, India and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.