Netflix continued to lead in OTT marketing in October
MediaRadar chart for Found Remote
For the middle of October, Netflix kept up their lead. Here's the chart and full insights.
- Amazon dropped advertising from 7 shows to 4 shows, the majority of promotion went toward Good Girls Revolt across 28 TV networks! Good Girls Revolt won Amazon's "you-rate-it, we make it" pilot series last year and was developed into an Amazon original series.
- AOL's Connected was the single-most promoted show with promotion across 29 websites--up 16% from last week (and a record high for AOL this fall). Connected is getting noticed as the next true reality series--since the main characters film themselves--no camera crew or director is present. Then the thousands of hours of footage are later turned into episodes highlighting real-life conflicts.
- MotorTrend tripled their advertising. This is the first major advertising push for MotorTrend since the Emmys week. Advertising is still small compared to other OTT though. This significant increase accounts for MotorTrend promotion of Roadkill--their most popular webseries (and now a magazine). This show has even been deemed the Top Gear of the U.S.
- Netflix and Hulu both advertised 11 shows but with very different strategies. Netflix primarily targeted online (across 44 websites) with a mere 6 TV networks. Comparatively, Hulu more evenly dispersed marketing efforts across 26 websites and doubled TV advertising from last week to 25 TV networks--showing a big increase in ad spend.
- Netflix still reigns with top unique video ads with an increase of 45%--most of those spots were used to promote Luke Cage and Project Mc2. Project Mc2 is in season three and aimed at tween girls with tagline 'smart is the new cool.'
MediaRadar revolutionizes the way ad sales teams do business. This innovative SaaS tool streamlines communication, delivers advanced analytics and quickly identifies new business opportunities. Through a customized intuitive dashboard, clients easily view analytics and actionable advertising insights for over 2.6 million brands. Instantly receive insights that combine TV and print with digital analysis, including new ad formats like online video, mobile, and native. MediaRadar can also pinpoint new business and determine revenue potential. It also helps sales reps plan their pipeline and prioritize the most important points to pitch. This amazing service eliminates the guesswork, so ad execs can focus their time pitching. MediaRadar is a cross-platform solution that is constantly innovating with the ad tech landscape. No longer is it necessary to piece together information from multiple tech products to build a pitch; ad teams can get all their information with ONE tool.