Univision unveils second screen app Connecta ahead of La Banda premiere
Ahead of tomorrow night’s premiere of La Banda, Univision yesterday launched the Univision Conecta app – an immersive second screen experience.
La Banda is a music-based reality competition developed by Univision in conjunction with Simon Cowell’s SYCO Entertainment.
The Conecta app, which was built by Screenz, will allow fans to become the ‘4th judge’ in the seminfinal of the competition via a hologram. Also part of the experience is Mi Banda, which gives fans the ability to pick their five favorite contestants and follow them on their journey to the finals.
“Kicking off with La Banda, Univision Conecta unlocks the ability for viewers to experience the show for the ultimate reward, to become the ‘fourth’ judge,” said Mark Lopez, EVP & GM of Univision Digital. “Ninety-one percent of Univision’s viewers watch live, and with Univision Conecta and through cross-platform social activities, we will engage live viewers including billennials, bilingual millennials, with decisive and insider experiences accessible right at their fingertips.”
Below, additional features of the Conecta app and other social integrations:
· Predictor and Real-time polling – Users will test their fandom and keep track of their favorite contestants in the standings and opine on topics from who performed the best to who was the most fashionable.
· “Banda Talks” – Premium content produced weekly, exclusively for Verizon customers.
· Mi Banda powered by Toyota – An interactive experience where fans will build their ultimate band with their favorite five contestants - a la fantasy sports bracket - and track their performance as they follow the contestants along their journey to the ultimate stop…the finale!
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up
· Voting – La Banda viewers will be able to vote for their favorite contestants through the Univision Conecta App as well as via Twitter, Facebook, LaBandaOficial.com and by calling a 1-800 telephone number
· La Banda Insider Scavenger Hunt – Ahead of the premiere, La Banda revealed a clue for fans to respond to on one of their platforms. Fifteen winners were chosen at random and rewarded with membership in the La Banda Insider Club and will receive show merchandise.
· Fan Access – GIFs and quotes of the best moments, backstage video, stop-motion Vines, Vine Duels and Q&As with the contestants via Periscope and Facebook.
· Live Snapchat stories – from trivia to everything happening behind the scenes.
· La Banda YouTube Experience – Hosted by William Valdes and Megan Nicole, fans will enjoy exclusive content and chose “El Chico Que Se Robo” the boy that stole the show.