Morning all, here’s a glimpse at all the media and marketing news you should know today.
1. Google entered a new partnership with Levi’s to create a new generation of wearables. NBC reports that Project Jacquard will see Levi’s develop with Google clothes with embedded smart tech.
2. Time has established a paywall on its digital sites, according to Mediapost. The company’s paid content strategy will give readers access to a limited number of free articles before having to part with their cash.
3. George Zimmer has launched zTailors, an app which summons local tailors to make clothing alterations, which he described as an ‘Uber for Tailors’. The New York Times reported that the service has been operating under the radar but currently has 600 tailors worldwide signed up.
4. The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that Facebook’s Instant Articles product is living up to its name. A controlled study which compared the load rates of stories accessed on the social network and publishers' sites found that the pre-loaded Facebook pages to be much more mobile friendly.
5. Twitter has given brands unprecedented access to its Amplify programme, reports AdAge. Auto Amplify enables brands to buy up programmatic ads on the social network without having to consult with the Twitter sales team.
6. Microsoft’s upcoming operating system Windows 10 has been confirmed for a 29 July release. Engadget reports that the latest system will be made available worldwide simultaneously.
7. Bud Light has become the first beer brand to advertise using picture messaging app Snapchat. Reported here in The Drum, the brewer joins the likes of Samsung and McDonald’s in buying media to appear on the app.
8. And finally, a Silicon Valley recycling centre is trying to find a woman who threw out a rare, first-gen Apple comp worth a staggering $200,000, according to the Next Web. The antique shipped with a tiny 4k of memory, retailing for only $600 in the late 70s.
Stay in the media and marketing news loop at thedrum.com and to receive The Drum's US Daily Newsletter sign up here.