The final Election Beat podcast: Why pollsters got it so wrong, Labour's next leader and Liberal Democrats to rebrand?
On the final Election Beat podcast, we look at what Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the humbled polling companies need to do to repair their reputations after the Conservatives' unexpected majority win and the SNP's remarkable landslide in Scotland.
Should opinion polling be banned in the run up to elections? Is it time for the Liberal Democrats to rebrand as the Liberals? And could leadership candidate Chuka Umunna be the media-friendly face Labour lacked with Ed Miliband?
You can stream the podcast above, download by clicking the drop down arrow or add it to your iPhone to listen on the commute home via the iTunes store.
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up
On this week's podcast we hear from:
- Michael Moszynski, former Conservative adman, CEO of London Advertising and one of the few pundits to predict the election outcome correctly
- Emily Hunt, a strategist and former US political pollster
- Ryan Wain, director of business development at TBWA\London and former House of Commons adviser.
- Chris Boffey, former Mirror, Observer and Sunday Telegraph news editor and onetime special adviser to the Labour government
- And Chris Moody, creative director of Wolff Olins.
Thanks to Jungle Studios for hosting over the last five weeks, and thank you for listening.