Tweeter Murdoch nudges 100,000 -- but he's not following Google chief Larry Page now
With Rupert Murdoch's Twitter followers just short of 100,000 at 99,852 last night , the 80-year old media tycoon has shuffled the names of those he is following .Two women have been added but Larry Page CEO of Google seems to have been dropped . Was it something he said?
The two women are Elizabeth Spiers, Editor-in-chief, of The New York Observer and Kym Fox , journalism prof at Texas State University. They join Lord Sugar, Marc Pincus of Zynga, Jack Dorsey boss of Twitter . There are two new names to follow : Ricochet "Collusion and conversation for right-of-center thinkers in hard left locations" and Saad Mohseni director of the MOBY Group, including TOLO TV. And Rupert has also changed his picture @rupertmurdoch.
Larry Page of Google, on the first set of names, is no longer listed. Larry Plaid_Page had suggested in an early tweet to Rupert that he might try Google+. The News Corp chief responded : "Maybe soon, but I'm getting killed for fooling around here and friends frightened what I may really say!" Later Larry tweeted " I like the new photo @rupertmurdoch, but I think this one is an even better avatar."
The weekly New York Observer edited by Spiers is owned and published by real-estate mogul Jared Kushner. It is perhaps best- known, says Wikipedia, for publishing Candace Bushnell's column on Manhattan's social life on which the TV series Sex and the City was based.
Elizabeth Spiers tweeted "FWIW, it would make my job easier if all media moguls were on Twitter."
Kym Fox told the Drum she was intrigued as we were at her elevation to Rupert's chosen few. "Our only connection was that I worked for a paper he owned, the San Antonio Express News some years ago. We were in a tough newspaper fight locally and it was a wonderful time in journalism." She said Rupert's compliment was "a nice New Year surprise." Now a journalism professor, she doesn't write a blog herself but encourages her students to do so.
The Digger later was taking a rest from Tweets. His latest efforts;
* While Obama feeling courageous, why not follow his first class education policy. US' absolute biggest crisis. No read, no write, no jobs.
* Can't resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.
* Got to watch Foxnews at 5 EST. Liberal Bob Beckel and team great replacement for Beck and much more fun.
* Obama decision on terrorist detention very courageous - and dead right!
* NY cold and empty, even central park. Nice!
His critics aren't letting up however:
* Santorum just said lack of health care never killed anyone. For his sake, I hope being an ignorant galoot hasn't either.
* Tyranny in action, Obama now has the right to murder any American he decides is a terrorist.... #policestate