Another year, another video by YouTube to sum it all up. Selfies, music videos and the ice bucket challenge are among some of the references made in the YouTube Rewind video.
Published on the evening on 9 December, the video has racked up move nine million views in less than 24 hours, Big Bird and Flappy Birds are also among the mentions made in the six minute film.
Further research from YouTube found that the ‘giant spider dog’ was the top trending video of 2014, with nearly 115 million views since it was uploaded in September, while First Kiss, the iPhone 6 bend test and Budweiser’s Super Bowl ad were also among the top ten. The full list can be seen below.
Most viewed YouTube videos of 2014
1. Mutant Giant Spider Dog by SA Wardega
2. Nike Football: Winner Stays
3. First Kiss by Tatia PIlieva
4. The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia - #TEAMJ-AX by TheVoiceOfItaly
5. iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test by Unbox Therapy
6. Bars & Melody - Simon Cowell's Golden Buzzer act | Britain's Got Talent 2014
7. Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial
8. Devil Baby Attack by DevilsDueNYC
9. Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3. by ERB
10. 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman by Street HarassmentVideo