NBCUniversal enlists Instagram, Facebook and The Trade Desk for ‘all-screen commerce’ initiative
Instagram, Facebook and The Trade Desk are the latest to join forces with NBCUniversal in its effort to create an “all-screen commerce world” — designed to give consumers new ways to shop.
NBU's 'All-screen commerce' gains some magnetism thanks to big, new partners.
NBCUniversal has assembled a suite of alliances, including Twitter late last year, to build its One Platform Commerce @ NBCUniversal offering. This premium video-based commerce solution, which debuted in November, make brands shoppable within its programs and platforms.
What the new partnerships entail
- NBCU’s commerce tools will offer its retail partner network of 100+ brands the opportunity to “provide people a seamless, trusted shopping experience across photo and video content” across Instagram and Facebook.
- Through One Platform Commerce’s Engagement Ads capability, NBCU and The Trade Desk are leveraging programmatic buying to establish new opportunities for consumers to interact within the ads themselves and take advantage of one-click shopping experiences.
- Since the launch of One Platform Commerce, NBCU has doubled its retail partner network, which now encompasses over 100 retail partners. These partnerships enable marketers to reach target audiences across NBCU’s video content and empower consumers to shop from the same screens on which they’re streaming.
Why it matters
- One Platform Commerce’s ongoing expansion also includes a new focus on local markets. The move enables both major retailers and local merchants to deploy commerce-focused content experiences in both English and Spanish for audiences of over 50 million viewers across NBCU’s stations — including NBC Sports networks, the NBCLX network, local NBC and Telemundo stations and more. Plus, last-mile delivery partners will have the chance to team up with NBCU in order to facilitate "seamless end-to-end experiences" for shoppers.
- This enhancement to One Platform Commerce’s capabilities has broader implications for the entire NBCU suite of brands. The company’s new streaming platform Peacock welcomed ShoppableTV, a One Platform Commerce service, in November and is likely to find new ways to integrate commerce-focused experiences.
- According to The Trade Desk co-founder and chief exec Jeff Green, “we are so excited to make interactive commerce more readily available on all of NBCUniversal’s streaming inventory. To do it, we’ll be launching innovative new capabilities — including NBCUniversal’s first-of-its-kind Engagement Ad — pioneering a new, interactive way for marketers to connect consumers directly with their products. This is a gamechanger.”