Amazon is picking up steam. The Man In The High Castle and The Grand Tour, both on Amazon are in the lead. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For December 29, 2016 - January 4, 2017 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- The Man In The High Castle, Amazon: 18,287,243
- The Grand Tour, Amazon: 15,396,884
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 14,620,216
- Travelers, Netflix: 14,226,082
- Marvel's Luke Cage, Netflix: 8,423,077
Insights from Parrot:
- Over the holidays, Amazon Video titles did quite well, ranking first and second by average popularity. The Man in the High Castle, whose second season was released on December 16th, had about 19% more demand than The Grand Tour, which is still airing new episodes weekly.
- Though both Amazon series released new content recently, they still had only about 5% more demand than Netflix's summer hit Stranger Things, which has remained solidly among the top digital originals six months after its premiere. Its demand may be high over the past few weeks because it was nominated for several Golden Globes, which will be announced on January 8th.
- A new science fiction series, Travelers, premiered on Netflix on December 23rd with only 2% less popularity than Stranger Things. In contrast, the older title Luke Cage had 40% less than Amazon's science fiction series, but has remained in the top five due to its steady, high demand.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com