The buzz around the new Netflix original, "Stranger Things," seems to be paying off. It's currently the top digital original in the US by a long shot. The show is definitely worth watching and hooks people in with a short description. "99 out of 100 times when a kid goes missing, he’s with a parent or relative. This is a story about the other time." Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For July 21th-27th, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 44,180,959
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 12,167,985
- Bojack Horseman, Netflix: 11,462,695
- Marco Polo, Netflix: 5,301,611
- House Of Cards, Netflix: 4,646,004
Insights from Parrot:
- Stranger Things is taking the world by storm. In the first week after its release in the US, Netflix’s Stranger Things overtakes Orange is the New Black as the most popular digital original series with over 3 times the audience demand of the former top digital original.
- With BoJack Horseman releasing new episodes recently, audience demand for the animated sitcom also surpassed Orange is the New Black and Marco Polo after July 22. Its demand then decreased as the week progressed, putting Orange is the New Black back in the second most in-demand show spot.
- Marco Polo is currenly more in-demand than House of Cards - having had its most recent season, Season 2, release on Netflix earlier in July.
- Interestingly, House of Cards seems to consistently have high audience demand for it, even after its Season 4 release on Netflix earlier this year, as it holds the number 5 spot on the list this week.
- The real winner of audiences interests this week is Stranger Things. It not only has been the top most in-demand digital, it also was the second most popular show overall, across all platforms, in the US this week - behind Game of Thrones.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com