'Celebrity threesome' injunction: Judges to rule on lifting reporting ban on Monday

Court of Appeal judges will rule on Monday whether the injunction gagging the media from naming the 'celebrity threesome' couple should be overturned.

Lawyers acting for the Sun on Sunday challenged the injunction in court on Friday, arguing that as the couple had already been named widely online and in publications in the US and Scotland, the injunction had become redundant.

In response, Lord Justice Jackson said the original decision to impose the injunction had been legally sound, but continued: "The question now is can the injunction stand in the new world?"

The court postponed its decision until 12.30pm on Monday, with the injunction remaining in place in the meantime.

When a court in London originally granted the injunction, it said that naming the celebrity couple could harm their children.

Google this week began removing links to websites purporting to reveal the couple's identity.