10 facts about Sapient's acquisition by Publicis Groupe
Following the announcement by Publicis Groupe that it intends to acquire international digital company Sapient Group, here are 10 things we know about the deal so far.
- Publicis will buy Sapient for $25.00 per share - $3.7bn in total.
- Alan Herrick will become chief executive of Publicis•Sapient and will also join the recently restructured Publicis’ Directoire.
- Sapient co-founder and co-chairman Jerry Greenberg will join the Publicis supervisory board.
- The deal is expected to conclude Q1 2015.
- 30 of Sapient's top executives will enter long-term employment agreements with Publicis.
- Publicis revenue is expected to increase by 2.8 per cent to €8,035m in addition with Sapient's figures.
- Combined, the number of staff employed will reach 75,105 at the time of announcing the deal.
- International office consolidation between the two companies will take place as will consolidation of any shared services.
- Sapient will bring over its blue chip client base including Unilever, Marks & Spencer, Fiat, Footlocker and Activision.
- Sapient Nitro delivers 67 per cent of Sapient's total revenue, with Sapient Global Markets delivering 28 per cent and Sapient Government Services delivering 5 per cent.
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has already weighed in with his reaction to the announcement, telling The Drum that "Christmas has come early" for Sapient shareholders.
Content created with:
SapientNitro, part of Sapient, is an integrated marketing and technology services firm. We create and engineer highly relevant experiences that accelerate business growth and fuel brand advocacy for our clients. By combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce and the technology that binds them, we influence customer behaviour across the spectrum of content, communication and commerce channels resulting in deeper, more meaningful relationships between customers and brands. SapientNitro services global leaders such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca- Cola Company, Singapore Airlines, Target and Vodafone through our operations in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit our website or follow us on Twitter.Find out more
Publicis Groupe is a French multinational advertising and public relations company, and is the oldest and one of the largest marketing and communications companies in the world, by revenue, headquartered in Paris.Find out more