Online Media Awards announce judging panel
Senior figures from CNN and The Economist have been announced on the judging panel for this year's Online Media Awards.
Supported by the Press Association, NUJ, Society of Editors and Hold the Front Page, the awards will recognise the best talent and application of technology in online journalism.
Announced to join the 2012 Judging panel are the following, with more to be announced next week:
• Nick Blunden, Global Managing Director and Publisher, The Economist online
• Nick Wrenn, VP, CNN International Digital Service
• Noel Young, Owner, ReportBoston.com
• David Mill, former editor Online Editor of the Daily Record and Sunday Mail
• Mark Tipper, Creative Director at Fortune Cookie
• Jim Chisholm, Advisor to many of the World's leading news publishing organisations.
• David Banks, Columnist for Press Gazette, Newcastle Journal; editor of The Clarion
• Paul Linford, Publisher and Editor, HoldtheFrontPage
• Ron Laytner, Managing Editor at Editinternational
The panel will review entries into 17 categories, including new categories for 2012: best local/regional news site and best national news site.
The awards are open to media owners, online publishers and editors and entries can be made at www.onlinemediaawards.net before the deadline on Friday 23rd March.
The winners will be announced at the black-tie gala dinner taking place on Thursday 21st June in the Emirates Stadium in London.
The website has full details of categories and guidance on how to enter. For further information and to register for the awards go to www.onlinemediaawards.net or contact Katy Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org