Pitch update: Accounts Under Review February 2012
Reviews are underway at several big advertisers, not least the Co-Op and News International who are reviewing their entire agency rosters. Here we take a look...
- The Co-operative Group to review agency rosterThe Co-operative Group, which spends £50m on advertising, is to review its ad and media accounts.The company is understood to be in discussions with lead ad agency TBWA\Manchester and media buyer Rocket.Alongside TBWA, the company’s creative support roster includes Refinery, Delineo, Dinosaur and GHMC for support creative; TDA and Refinery for direct marketing; The Chase for branding; Amaze and Rapp for digital; and APS, Papyrus, Fresh Create and Artwork Express for artwork/production.
- Specsavers has announced a review of its £39m UK media planning and buying business. The business is currently split between MEC for national and MediaCom for regional activity.
- News International has put its entire agency roster on notice, including WCRS and CHI & Partners who split the newspaper group’s £28m ad business.
- Tourism Ireland is looking to appoint to its direct marketing account, with an agency sought to promote Ireland in the UK over the next three years.
- The National Trust has opened a pitch for a brand agency as it looks to modernise its image and target a younger audience.
- PictureBox is looking to appoint its first ever retained CRM agency. Matt Snead, marketing director at NBC Universal, is handling the review.
- Bulmers’ £3m ad account is under review as it mounts a challenge to rival Magners. St Luke’s currently handles advertising for the cider brand.
- Müller Dairy is reviewing its £25m creative account following a split with TBWA\London and the departure of its UK CEO Gharry Eccles and marketing director Lee Rolston.
- VisitBritain is on the hunt for an SEO agency as it looks to increase traffic to its online stores and drive e-commerce.
- Vodafone’s retail ad account is under review, with an agency sought to handle point-of-sale, digital in-store marketing and high-street events.
- Ryanair is to review its £4m ad account in an apparent attempt to move away from its usual in-house produced controversial advertising.
- Russian Standard Vodka is looking at its global advertising arrangements as it prepares for a major awareness drive in Russia, the UK and the US.
- Triumph International is looking to appoint an ad agency to relaunch the lingerie brand globally and raise its profile as it mounts a challenge to rivals Wonderbra and Playtex.
|Co-operative Group||Agency roster||£50m|
|News International||Agency roster||£28m|
|Russian Standard||Global advertising||n/a|
|Tourism Ireland||Direct marketing||£2m|
|Vodafone||Integrated retail advertising||n/a|