YouTube has revealed its ten most-watched ads of 2017, unveiling some surprise winners.
Three Super Bowl ads make the list showing that at least for some brands, the pricey media buy was not a waste. These include efforts from Mr Clean, Budweiser and Kia.
Mobile title Clash Royale moved up from fifth in 2016 to second, boasting 110.7 million. Rival Mobile Strike (featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger) completely drops out of the list from first. Views varies from 17.6 million views to the heights of 150.3 million for a Samsung support ad from India.
To qualify for the list, the videos must have been processed from YouTube ads as paid viewers. The viewing figures will be composed of organic and paid audiences.
10. Mr. Clean | 2017 Super Bowl Ad | Cleaner of Your Dreams - Leo Burnett Toronto - 17.6m views
9. Levi’s "Circles" Commercial l Full - FCB West - 22.3m views
8. iPhone 7 — The Rock x Siri Dominate the Day — Apple - TBWA/Media Arts Lab - 25.3m views
7. adidas Originals | ORIGINAL is never finished - Johannes Leonardo - 25.4m views
6. 2017 Kia Niro | “Hero’s Journey” Starring Melissa McCarthy - David&Goliath - 25.9m views
5. Budweiser 2017 Super Bowl Commercial | “Born The Hard Way” Anomaly - 28.5m views
4. MISS DIOR – The new Eau de Parfum - inhouse - 43.0m views
3. Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect - Weber Shandwick - 90.6m views
2. Clash Royale: The Last Second (Official Commercial) - Barton F. Graf - 110.7m views
1. Samsung India Service (SVC) – We’ll take care of you, wherever you are. #SamsungService - Cheil - 150.3m views