Twitter has claimed that its users are now sending over 200 million tweets per day.
The social media network has said that it has surpassed the milestone, having grown from 65 million tweets being sent per day just a year ago, and two million Tweets a day in January 2009, according to its blog.
The blog claims that this is the equivalent of a 10 million-page book in tweets or 8,163 copies of War and Peace.
The website has also revealed the top trending topics for the first half of 2011 and has divided them into World Events and Pop Culture, and show that Swine Flu was the most tweeted about news topic and that ‘Friday’ singer Rebecca Black was the most tweeted about pop culture figure.
1. AH1N1 - Swine Flu
2. Mubarak - former Egyptian President
3. Easter - Christian holiday
4. Cairo - capital of Egypt
5. #prayforjapan - sentiment following the March earthquake and tsunami
6. Chernobyl - site of nuclear disaster in 1986
7. Libia/Libya - site of an ongoing civil war
8. Fukushima - Japanese nuclear power plant
9. William & Kate - Newly-named Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
10. Gadafi - Libyan political leader
1. Rebecca Black - pop singer
2. Femme Fatale - newly-released Britney Spears album
3. Charlie Sheen - actor
4. #tigerblood - hashtag popularized by Charlie Sheen
5. Nate Dogg - rapper
6. Anderson Silva - Brazilian mixed martial artist
7. Tom & Jerry - famous cartoon
8. Mumford & Sons - British rock band
9. Bieber alert - referring to artist Justin Bieber
10. Queen Gaga - referring to artist Lady Gaga