Rolo, one of the best-known confectionery brands in the UK marketplace, is getting a £4 million face-lift, courtesy of FMCG giant, NestlÃ©. The investment marks a move to alter consumer perception of the sweet, switching the current “affectionate” view of the brand to one of active desire and frequent demand.
The re-launch is set to facilitate some radical changes for the 65-year-old sweet product. One of the most obvious will be the end of the established “Do you love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo” strapline. It will be replaced by “Discover the power of the last Rolo”, which will be developed as the central theme of the new marketing activity.
A six-week, £1.6 million TV campaign launches in May, featuring the owner of a “last Rolo” challenging friends to perform dares in order to receive the coveted sweet. Viewers will be encouraged to send their own ideas for a future ad, with the chance to have their creation shown on TV later in the year.
Support for the campaign, developed by JWT, comes from northern PR agency Ptarmigan. The £150k project will see the firm seeking to increase the profile of the re-launch through a variety of outdoor events, stunts and on- and off-line media initiatives.
Anna Chipchase, brand manager for Rolo, commented, “The brand is taking a new direction as the ‘Do you love anyone enough?’ strapline has been the focus of Rolo for more than 20 years. We are very confident that the highly targeted campaign will stimulate consumers to reappraise Rolo.”
8 April 2003 - 4:43pm | posted by Staff Writer
£4m re-launch for Rolo
- Nestle asks again if you love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo in new marketing campaign
- Vogel’s looks to promote healthiness of brand with new e-commerce website and refreshed packaging
- The Tudor Watch Company hands re-launch brief to Exposure
- Time begins rollout of new-look website
- Cheetham Bell restructures senior management team to reassert the agency’s hotshop roots
- Simply Business invests £600k in first TV ad campaign
Featured by The Drum
Sign up to our Daily newsletter