We’re a creative & recruitment company with a vision to change the way people think about work. We transform employer brands for our clients, covering every touchpoint from EVPs to attraction campaigns, events, onboarding and internal comms.
This promoted content is produced by a publishing partner of Open Mic. A paid-for membership product for partners of The Drum to self-publish their news, opinions and insights on thedrum.com - Find out more
Early Careers: Virtual Internships, Keeping Warm, Campus Attraction
May 27, 2020
Join us for a discussion on how to adapt your Early Careers strategy, with cross-industry speakers from DHL, Evercore, and the ISE.
A Wiser Webinar on 3rd June 2020 at 12pm
Building on our previous webinar, How to Virtually Engage Your People, in this edition of Wiser Words, we’ll discuss how best to restructure your Early Careers strategy, to protect and nurture your pool of prospective and incoming talent.
What’s this about?
Organisations seem to have a stark choice between three options at the moment: cancel, delay, or digitalise their Early Careers programmes and internships. We’re strong proponents of the latter. Delaying will mean damaging the experience of your participants and canceling will be a crushing blow to hundreds of engaged young people, whether prospective interns, future applicants or incoming hires.
What we’ll cover
- How do you assess in a virtual environment without compromising on calibre and inadvertently disadvantaging those from diverse backgrounds?
- As candidates are ‘interning from home’, how can their home environments, and socioeconomic backgrounds, be taken into consideration?
- How do you construct a fully virtual internship that adds maximum value to both the participant and the organisation?
- With university term dates and campuses still in lockdown, how can you effectively plan a virtual marketing and events campaign?
- How do you maximise your audience and engage with prospective candidates?
Evercore: Alex Fiennes (Human Capital Group)
DHL: Sasha Morgan Manley (Head of Emerging Talent)
Institute of Student Employers: Vanessa Soames (Board Member)
Wiser: Amelia Birch (Early Careers Lead)
Wiser: Oscar Sadler (Special Projects)