A retrospective look back at 2019
10 January 2020 13:55pm
2019 was quite a year! Here are our top 9 highlights…
1. Smashing April Fools with the announcement that Kia was reinventing the wheel for millennials, which culminated in a total of 14 pieces of coverage including The Independent, Sun Online and Pocket Lint.
2. Attending the first ever TwitchCon Europe event, which took place in Berlin and featured a personal appearance from Germany royalty, David Hasselhoff. It was very hard for us to contain our excitement.
3. Working with our long-term client partner BT to launch its all-encompassing BT Halo offering – a new plan for customers to get the most out of BT’s products. We smashed our targets and achieved an impressive 119 pieces of coverage including 66 broadcast press interviews.
4. ‘Leaking’ images of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle browsing for mattresses in Bensons for Beds ahead of baby Archie arriving, which landed us 16 pieces of coverage including a mention on Chris Moyles’ Radio X show, as well as the Daily Express and Closer online
5. Bolstering our team with the addition of 7 new Kazoo-ers…Karen Ward (Associate Director), our resident laughter machine, Sophie Williams (Senior Account Manager), the shining light of Kazoo and recent winner of the “Kazooer of the Year’ accolade, Harry Toussaint (Account Manager), who’s been making us all jealous with his stories about his recent trip to Asia, Will Garner (Senior Account Executive), our resident vegan connoisseur and tech-spert, Tolu Adams (Junior Account Executive), who recently won our ‘Best Newcomer’ of the year award, Thanos Tsonakis (Junior Account Executive), who shares the same name as one of the best Marvel villains of the decade (what’s not to love!) and Charlotte Buckley (Junior Account Executive), who couldn’t get enough of us and decided to join our ranks after interning with Kazoo.
6. Going shopping with Keith Lemon and Big Narstie for Harveys furniture in their flagship store in North London to help film an episode of ‘Shopping with Keith Lemon’
7. Not to forget that we were awarded the Highly Commended Accolade at last year’s Drum Business Awards for Agency of the Year, Most Effective Campaign for Bensons for Beds and Best Place to Work!
8. We also got everyone talking about One Plus with our highly effective Load Rage campaign, which secured a whopping 198 pieces of coverage across PA, The Sun, Sky and The Independent and helped establish them as the pioneer for 5G!
9. And, last but not least we can’t say goodbye to 2019 without nodding to the amazing new business wins that we have secured including the likes of OnePlus, Nvidia and Celtic Wind to name but a few!
So, what’s left to say but bring on 2020!