Making BT Halo stand out from the crowd
BT’s most significant launch for 2019 was Halo – the UK’s best converged broadband, mobile and phone plan, designed to redefine connectivity in and out of the home. In a challenging landscape with plenty of similar and competing products, our challenge was to help make the Halo proposition stand out from the crowd and become a revenue generating proposition for the business.
With no marketing support planned for Halo’s launch, PR was the chosen channel to drive interest and sign ups. We defined a three-pronged approach that would result in a big national news splash on the day of launch.
This comprised of:
· A celebrity ambassador partnership with Louise Redknapp to bring the proposition to life
· Hard-hitting news-based research to illustrate the problem and solution for consumers
· A targeted media approach to generate detailed coverage of Halo in consumer affairs and consumer technology pages
· 119 pieces of coverage including 9 national and over 60 broadcast pieces
· 1.6m sign ups to BT Halo
· Over 100,000 Home Tech Expert visits in the first 2 months
“The pressure was on to deliver results for Halo, following the success of BT’s newly launched brand positioning. Kazoo were adaptable media advisors, acting with agility as the changing news agenda meant the approach needed to be fluid. The results were brilliant, surpassing business objectives and keeping at its heart our customer focused positioning.” Senior PR manager, BT