This promoted content is produced by a publishing partner of Open Mic. A paid-for membership product for partners of The Drum to self-publish their news, opinions and insights on thedrum.com - Find out more
Is TikTok Live Shopping on The Rise and Could Your Brand Benefit from It?
July 25, 2022
TikTok has released some new data, from a survey they commissioned with Ipsos, to highlight the power of TikTok live-shopping. The data shows the phenomenal power of TikTok and its community.
According to Statista, in 2021, via live broadcast on the platform, TikTok’s Chinese sister app, Douyin, generated $119 billion worth of product sales.
TikTok knows the power of live broadcasting and is waiting for mass adoption from the UK market. #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt has helped sell out thousands of products both in-store, and online. And selling via live-streaming could be the next big social commerce movement within the UK if adopted by big brands.
What the data tells us:
TikTok Live drives shopping!
- 50% of TikTok users have bought something after watching TikTok LIVE.
- Users on TikTok are 50% more interested in branded LIVE content than non-TikTok users.
- 1 in 5 live streaming users watch TikTok LIVE, and of that group 62% watch it every day.
TikTok Live expands trust
- TikTok users are two times more likely (compared to non-TikTok users) to say live is most trustworthy to use when shopping.
- TikTok live users are 1.5 times more likely (compared to non-live users) to say TikTok is the most trustworthy platform to make a purchase/shop on.
TikTok LIVE viewership deepens connections with brands
“Creators aren't the only thing bringing audiences to LIVE. The TikTok community is joining LIVE to engage and connect with brands, too. The Ipsos study found that users on TikTok were 50% more interested in branded LIVE content than non-TikTok users. Beyond initial interest, 1 in 3 TikTok LIVE users go a step further, naming TikTok as the go-to platform to connect with brands.” - TikTok.com
In May 2022, our Marketing Manager wrote a piece on TikTok shop and how brands can use its features (including live shopping).
It’s an incredible, and currently untouched area of TikTok that could have huge rewards for early adopters.
If you need support to learn how TikTok Shop can work for your brand, reach out to the Honcho team. We’re happy to help.
Header Image: TikTok.com/business