We are a leading-edge China-facing marketing consultancy and agency based in London and Shanghai serving B2B, Education, Property, FMCG, retail and other consumer brands.
China marketing strategy for Great Ormond Street hospital
Background & Objectives
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (GOSH) in London is an international centre of excellence in paediatric care, globally recognised as one of the few world-class hospitals for children suffering from rare, complex or multiple conditions.
Emerging Communications has successfully worked with GOSH for a number of years to establish their own brand voice in China and enable Chinese families to connect with GOSH. We have also built a strong reputation and level of awareness for GOSH's unique offering, in a highly regulated and niche industry
2020 presented us with a unique set of challenges. As Chinese patients and families were unable to travel to the UK for treatment/ consultations, GOSH and Emerging Communications worked together to adapt their marketing strategy, ensuring target audiences were updated about GOSH and new services available.
In order to support GOSH’s marketing efforts, providing instant impact in a changing market we crafted a carefully tailored strategy that:
- Developed a two-tier marketing strategy to engage industry professionals and patients separately, using relevant content and messaging for each niche segment within these groups.
- Created a soft communications strategy for promoting new services, delivered with maximum emotional resonance, and sensitivity.
What We Did
We focused on combining traditional and digital channels to reach specialist audiences along each stage of their customer journey, to do this we:
- Deployed a range of customer-focused content, using extensive PR outreach to create instant, lasting brand awareness and credibility.
- Amplified PR outreach using strategic SEO and targeted digital advertising.
- Campaign Click-Through-Rate reached 140% of original KPI, driving traffic and service enquiries to the GOSH website.
- Our PR content was covered by 289 Chinese media portals/ websites.
- Tracked articles readership 75,000+ times, by industry professionals and relevant Chinese audiences.
- 20 million+ audience views.
- Increased SEO Rankings, with GOSH ranking TOP 10 for key search terms.
I enjoy working with EC: the team is truly passionate about GOSH. It is a real partnership, with collaboration at heart. Rocky and the team know Chinese market and digital landscape very well, and are always open to sharing their expertise as well as exploring new ideas.
Marketing Manager, GOSH International and Private Care