HomeLet - Organic Search (SEO)
How do you grow revenue and improve search visibility in one of the most fiercely competitive markets in the UK?
When HomeLet approached Click Consult, they did so with ambitions to not only grow their online visibility but also their ranking for some of the keyword terms within their industry.
Knowing that this was going to be a challenge due to the competitive nature of the finance and insurance markets, we embraced it and dedicated every effort to helping them increase visibility, rankings on SERPs and the number of organic links to their website. If we did this, we knew that there would be an increase in sessions, revenue and ROI – all of which were unspecified but which were critical to the company’s growth.
How we helped
HomeLet wanted to increase their branded audience by 50% in terms of organic sessions YoY. We smashed this target by creating the following:
• A bespoke eBook
• Unique blogger badge linking to HomeLet
• Blogger fact sheet
• Content for blogger support
From an SEO perspective the strategy consisted of:
• A full site audit
• Competitor analysis
• On-page optimisation
• Disavowing ‘poor quality/spammy’ links
• Extending meta descriptions
At the start of this campaign we were set some pretty daunting targets. The reason that the targets were so demanding was that brands like Compare the Market and Gocompare were beginning to swallow up vast portions of the market.
We shattered all of these targets, elevating HomeLet and ensuring a further partnership. Our work also meant that the visibility of the brand the Domain Authority of their website and their primary keyword rankings increased.
The rationale and relevance for this campaign were very important, and below is how we presented the strategy to the client. We promised to deliver on the following:
• To develop 20 back links to the home page of the website.
• To target UK bloggers and that the linking pattern would be appropriate to the brand.
• To create bespoke visuals that will be shareable and target appropriate.
• The link building pattern will be natural, with local bloggers and content pertinent to bloggers seasonal interests, priorities and importance thus ensuring it is of greater placement potential.
• The quality of the eBook will be high, as quality is of relevance to links.