SUITCASE Magazine - Implementing Bibblio on their digital presence
Originally a quarterly print magazine launched in 2012, SUITCASE is part of a new breed of travel publishers constantly experimenting with the codes of travel writing.
Their digital platform matches their cutting-edge identity by offering highly curated content pieces, a lifestyle section, and slick aesthetics with a focus on travel photography.
Though already familiar with related posts solutions, SUITCASE Magazine wanted to gain visibility over how the recommendations performed.
They were on the hunt for:
• A plug-and-play installation, no backend work
• A widget that would fit in perfectly with their site design without having to build it from scratch
• The ability to track the widget’s performance
• Dynamic recommendations that evolve with their audience
The Related Posts for WordPress by Bibblio plugin is available on the WordPress plugin store. All changes to the settings, layout and positioning can be done by the editorial team via the WordPress admin.
User engagement was maximized by choosing a blend of contextual similarity and popularity.
UTM parameters were added to track the module in Google Analytics.
The module matches the site’s font with a semitransparent white background applied behind the text for a clean effect. The showcase of six puts the most performant recommendation for each article center stage.
Instead of being a forgotten widget that rarely comes into view, the related module is fully integrated into the article to amplify engagement and recreate the look and feel of a magazine.
Bibblio’s signature algorithm adapted to user interaction in order to improve the recommendations and maximize month-on-month uplift, achieving a notable 5.9% CTR in April 2019.
CTR (Jan - Apr)
2.7%, 5.6%, 5.5%, 5.9%
In-view CTR (Jan - Apr)
8.3%, 11.7%, 12.1%, 14%
Bibblio’s easy-to-use Related Posts plugin made it possible for all users of the site to seamlessly discover more of SUITCASE’s expert content.
The SUITCASE analytics team is able to track dwell time, pages per session and click-through rate generated by Bibblio’s module.
• Introduce Bibblio’s next generation algorithms to further increase audience engagement and conversion.
• Harness the power of metadata to inform editorial content.
• Create a partner network with other high-end lifestyle publishers to share traffic.
"Bibblio’s plugin helps us recirculate our digital content in an elegant and effortless way."