Gary Vee on the Found Remote Show: 'Facebook is by far the most dangerous OTT network'
The second episode of the Found Remote Show is here. I sat down with entrepreneur and internet celebrity Gary Vaynerchuk to discuss the future of TV. The VaynerMedia CEO made bold predictions on how Facebook would play a huge role in the evolution of the medium and become the biggest OTT player. See above for the full episode. Here are are some highlights.
- “Humans are really good at tagging things, I think we’ll be calling them things. OTT, where did that come from? Maybe that evolves.”
- “We will absolutely categorize things because that’s what humans try to do.”
- “We have to stop imposing our own personal will on people’s consumption habits.”
- “Time is the asset, I do not want to have to drive to the movie theater.”
- "I believe there are people who would much rather watch the Jets game and hear my two cents, than the local anchor.”
- “We have a new TV, this is a real story…I didn’t pick it. I’m just laying in bed…I’m looking at a YouTube video and noticed an icon, that’s different than I’ve ever seen before. I pressed it and it was on my television..holy shit, that’s mom proof..that’s game changing.”
- “I think Facebook should build a television and get it into everybody’s home.”
- “Very easy prediction. I absolutely think that within a decade, one of the House of Cards of the day, will be fully funded, 100% owned, by Pepsi or Toyota, or a brand, and you won’t give a crap. It will be subtle enough where you won’t give a crap.”
- “We’re living through mass long tail. Know how many 17 year olds, will watch four hours of Snapchat video continuously?”
- “I actually believe Facebook is by far the most dangerous OTT network."
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up