Podcast: What role will traditional media still play as new platforms take over?
We hear a lot about marketing's new frontiers - social media; speculative excitements like the metaverse - but we can't forget the continuing power of traditional formats and platforms. On this episode we speak to experts in traditional channels - linear TV; radio; print; analog billboards; direct marketing - to hear how they see those channels developing.
Senior reporter Chris Sutcliffe is joined by Andy Benningfield, head of broadcast at Bray Leino and Matt Bond, SVP, studio & print production services at Merkle, to discuss:
- Spend on some traditional advertising media has held up - which traditional advertising media do we think are still strong?
- What strengths i.e. trust, heritage etc. do those traditional advertising formats have that marketers should be aware of?
- How are those advertising media adapting to the digital age when it comes to things like measurement/attribution?
- What are the opportunities for brands when it comes to using these traditional media? Are there some sectors and verticals that should be using them more?
- Finally, what predictions do you have for the future of print/radio/linear TV etc?