How King made the world playful with its in-house experience
At The Drum Awards for Experience 2022, King won in the In-house Experience category for their ‘Kingsters making the world playful’ entry. Here, we find out more about what went into this successful campaign.
King brought together 1335 attendees across 45 sessions to remind them just how to play
King is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world and home to a global community, or ‘Kingsters’.
However, the KingfoMarket paused when the pandemic hit. Following an unprecedented period of isolation, ‘Kingsters’ needed connection and positive interaction like never before. Without a unifying moment for ‘Kingsters’, King needed to find a way to breathe new life into the team, bringing them together to press reset and rediscover the joy of play.
The objectives were to delight ‘Kingsters’ by celebrating play, expand and diversify the community, establish the culture and values of the ‘Kingdom’ and deliver an experience like no other.
King distilled the King brand values and mission into a unifying concept and rallying call for the experience with the tagline, ‘Making the world playful’. By applying the same approach King takes to its games and products, they designed the experience to inspire the team about the company’s vision while simultaneously immersing them in the benefits of play.
The experience was an in-house one that celebrated ‘Kingsters’ old and new and encouraged networking, sharing knowledge, and ultimately, play. King built the experience around three core principles, with every touchpoint an opportunity to connect, discover and have fun:
- Making: Hands-on and interactive, King showcased the future of the company and inspired the team to help build a tech-enabled future of play
- The World: King applied its world-building approach to immerse ‘Kingsters’ in the worlds of its games as much as the brand’s role in the wider landscape.
- Playful: King brought fun to the fore, harnessing its restorative powers to reinvigorate the team.
- 94% of ‘Kingsters’ say they feel more motivated. (+4% over target)
- Delivered 15 workshops and sessions celebrating the world of play, from King and beyond. (+5 over target)
- 80% of ‘Kingsters’ gained a greater understanding of the King culture. (+20% over target)
- 1335 event attendees and 45 sessions