One of India’s largest homegrown communication groups Madison World has acquired a Kolkata-based full-service digital agency, Crow’s Nest.
The acquisition agenda
- Madison World founded in 1988 by the ad veteran Sam Balsara has been a leading and possibly the only formidable indigenous player in the competitive Indian advertising market that has been mostly led by global networks like WPP, Publicis, IPG, Havas among others.
- As per Vikram Sakhuja, partner and group CEO, Madison Media, “the acquisition would help grow the group’s overall digital practice in Kolkata Office and for Eastern India market, and also add considerable heft to Madison’s social, content and creative agenda.”
- Crow’s Nest was founded in 2007 by adman Samrat Mukherjee and claims to have expertise in the areas of social media, creative solutions and performance media. The agency handles clients like Bandhan Bank, Zee Bangla, Vivo West Bengal, M P Birla Group among others.
- Post the acquisition, plans are to fully integrate Crow’s Nest with Madison Digital and operate it as Madison Digital Kolkata with founder Samrat Mukherjee reporting to Vishal Chinchankar, CEO, Madison Digital.
Madison’s expansion plans
- As per Sam Balsara, chairman, Madison World, “Many companies find Madison to be a good collaborative partner to grow their business independently.” A few more collaborations are on the cards in the area of digital, PR and creative, he said without divulging more details.
- Madison World has got a footprint across India, Bangladesh and Thailand with specialist units in advertising, media, business analytics, out-of-home, activations, PR etc.