The future of work will be intelligent and digital, says Forrester & Adobe report
As companies are increasingly opting for remote workplaces, never has the need been felt so acutely by the businesses to construct an intelligent workplace. A workplace where employees can develop and communicate content internally and with customers in a highly automated and responsive way.
The future of workplace
As per a recent report by Forrester Consulting and Adobe, on the common challenges facing organizations and how they can accelerate their transition towards becoming intelligent digital workplaces, 46% of APAC organizations plan to increase their adoption of digital document processes and will raise their spending by 51% on average this year.
So what’s in store?
Digital collaboration was the missing link in the APAC market
- In general, APAC businesses were much less prepared to support remote work than other regions, with digital collaboration and productivity tools in the developing stage in APAC before the pandemic.
- For instance, as per the study, only 13% of APAC respondents considered e-signatures to be standard protocol in their businesses initially, almost five times lower than in North America.
- Pre-pandemic, APAC organizations were way behind other regions in digitizing their document processes and have felt the imminent challenges around this scenario, as the world has got together as a remote workplace.
Post-pandemic, an increased focus on crafting better digital journeys
The pandemic has led to huge changes, with most APAC businesses now providing their employees with technologies to facilitate or improve remote work even in a tough year.
- As per the study findings, this year 46% of APAC organizations plan to increase their adoption of digital document processes and will raise their spending by 51% on average. What makes it even more notable is it is happening at a time when a key business priority for leaders across the board is reducing budgets.
- Increasingly organizations are looking at making improvements to the customer journey while adding to the convenience and ease of transaction.
The future of the post-pandemic workplace
The businesses of the future will have to equip their digital workplaces with intelligent technology to become more resilient, agile, scalable ad future-ready.
- As per the findings, 60% of APAC leaders consider document workflow automation indispensable in supporting business continuity and agility, as it helps to connect and automate content creation and collaboration.
- Improving employee collaboration post-pandemic would be a critical priority in APAC underlining the urgency and importance of building a strong foundation for the future of work and enterprise collaboration.
- Businesses would need to adopt a platform approach that eliminates repetitive and mundane tasks to create a people-centric, intelligent, and digital workplace.