Wavemaker’s Rose Huskey & Wunderman Thompson’s Justin Peyton named as IAB SEA+India co-chairs
The IAB SEA+India has named its 2020 board and has outperformed its own diversity targets, having over 60% representation of female leaders.
Wavemaker’s Rose Huskey and Wunderman Thompson’s Justin Peyton named as IAB SEA+India co-chairs
The trade body also names the co-chairs for 2020, a decision that is based on prior performance as a board member. The two co-chairs elected for this year both come from WPP Group but IAB SEA+India regional chief executive officer Miranda Dimopoulos said the process was unbiased towards any networks or organisations.
“All regional board members' contributions are measured on a performance matrix. Rose and Justin topped this in 2019 and as an agnostic trade association, we take the same unbiased view on contributions. We have implemented bi-monthly measures to ensure there is no business bias towards WPP by having both our co-chairs come from the network. Our priority is always to have the best, and most committed, industry representatives and Rose and Justin are exemplary examples of these,” she explained.
Rose Huskey, chief executive officer of Wavemaker in South East Asia, said being involved in industry initiatives was even more important as the industry goes through exponential change because of coronavirus.
“The IAB SEA+India mission to grow investment, and inclusivity, across Southeast Asia and India resonates strongly with me. Our regional board this year can only continue to lead the way in how to excel here, no matter the economic climate. The IAB SEA+India’s swift adjustment to anticipate and meet the new needs of the industry is why I didn’t hesitate to be more involved with the Executive Committee,” she said.
Similarly, Justin Peyton, chief transformation and strategy officer, APAC at Wunderman Thompson, agreed, stating that the industry needed to keep connected in order to recuperate faster.
“I wholeheartedly agree with Rose; we are all adjusting to what will be the next normal and the IAB SEA+India plays a pivotal role in keeping the industry informed, connected and to recuperate as much as possible as fast as possible,” he added.
Hitting a higher representation of gender diversity than previous years represents the wider industry commitment to diversity as a whole, according to the IAB SEA+India.
“It is our priority to have as many profiles and perspectives as possible on our Regional Board. We achieved 50% gender representation across all of our initiatives in 2019 and surpassing this for our 2020 Regional Board reflects our Membership feel the same,” said Dimopoulos.
IAB SEA+India Regional Board Executive Committee 2020
● Rose Huskey - co-chair and chief executive officer, SEA, Wavemaker
● Justin Peyton - co-chair and chief transformation & strategy officer, APAC, Wunderman Thompson
● Miranda Dimopoulos - regional chief executive officer, IAB SEA+India
IAB SEA+India Regional Board Members 2020
● Alex Sibois - director, head of agency and channel sales, APAC, LinkedIn
● Carl Nawagamuwa - head of platform sales, SEA, Google
● Cindy Tan - global vice president, retail and APAC, display, TripAdvisor
● David Goodfellow - strategic partnerships director, international, Oracle Data Cloud
● Dawn Chan - international business director, South China Morning Post
● James Sampson - regional head, strategy & partnerships, GrabAds
● Jessica Beaton - director, media & digital marketing, APAC, Studios, The Walt Disney Company
● Karen Teo - vice president, global business group, APAC, Facebook
● Laura Quigley - managing director, SEA, Integral Ad Science
● Matt Harty - senior vice president, Asia, The Trade Desk
● Monica Bhatia - senior vice president, client partner, APAC, Essence
● Sonal Patel - managing director, SEA, Quantcast