In this series, we explore the finest work created by The Drum Recommended agencies. We will highlight top case studies to guide and inspire you in your journey to select a new agency relationship.
Last year the Recommended Agency Register (RAR) was rebranded as The Drum Recommends to bring it in line with owner The Drum. It remains committed to partnering brands with the correct agency using data and unique industry expertise.
In year one, our focus was on consolidating and building awareness of the brand’s core social channels with a real focus on community management and encouraging community engagement through a campaign-led approach. We also started a brand ambassador scheme, identifying micro-influencers from the trades and getting them to trial Dickies Workwear via social.
We rebuilt the brand’s relationships with the sector media, delivering regular feature contributions plus thought leadership pieces and issuing newsworthy press releases – exceeding our targets for securing media coverage.
In year two we built on these foundations and continued social community management, adding Instagram to the brand’s channels and growing the number of ambassadors.
We continued to manage a high media profile for Dickies, plus advised on media buying and helped to further amplify the brand’s presence at trade events.
- Negotiated and delivered support for DIY SOS, including the provision of clothing for the recent Grenfell Special
- Launched the ‘Be a Dickies Model’ campaign, resulting in over 60 applications from ‘real’ tradespeople across the country – some of whom have been selected to model Dickies clothing in upcoming advertising activity
- Maintained high profile media coverage, including a cover story in Professional Heating and Plumbing Installer on what influences modern workwear, plus advice pieces on clothing and footwear in a range of target trade publications
In order to support the company’s goal to build relationships with the next generation of tradespeople we have also initiated and managed a number of partnerships and campaigns, including:
- Negotiating and delivering a partnership with SkillBuild, including sponsorship of the National Final at WorldSkillsUK LIVE 2018 where Dickies provided clothing for contestants and judges
- Negotiating and delivering a college partnership programme – piloted in a local college and about to be rolled out to selected colleges across the UK
- Added Instagram into the social media mix
This case study and other interesting content can be found on Ambitious's profile on The Drum Recommends.