The Drum is delighted to announce the formation of its US Editorial Advisory Board with industry leaders from companies such as Diageo, Belkin, Accenture International, and Wunderman Thomson included. (See updates**)
The board will form an integral part of the media brand’s growth strategy as it continues its global expansion in an effort to improve its coverage of the American industry.
The Drum’s US editorial team will meet and speak with the board members on a regular basis to get their insight into topics as broad as key industry trends and as specific as the heady issues these executives are working through on a day-to-day basis. The team will use that commentary to inform future content.
Currently, the board comprises a mix of agency and brand executives who will serve for one year. Providing their expert guidance for 2019 is:
- Ricky Ray Butler, chief executive officer, Branded Entertainment Network
- Tim Cadogan, chief executive officer, OpenX
- Jason Chebib, vice-president, consumer planning, Diageo
- Jamie Gutfreund, global chief marketing officer, Wunderman Thomson
- Kieran Hannon, chief marketing officer, Belkin International
- Nikki Mendonça, global president, Accenture Interactive Operations, Accenture Interactive
- Rob Reilly, global chief creative officer, McCann
- Aaron Kwittken, chief executive officer and co-founder, KWT Global
- Georgia Graham-Leigh, managing director, Lida New York
- Paul Blurton, chief creative officer, Invnt
- Nathan Roth, chief marketing officer, Hinge
- Crystal Rix, chief strategy officer, BBDO New York
- Derek Walker, owner, Brown & Browner
- Evita Puente, executive creative director, Pescador Public Strategies and associate vice president, creative brand, Security Service Federal Credit Union** (joined March 2019)
- Neil Shah, global marketing director of Smirnoff, Diageo, and 2019 Marketing Awards US chief judge** (joined April 2019)
“We’re honored to have such a renowned group of industry leaders willing to give their time and expertise to The Drum,” said editor Stephen Lepitak. “We look forward to the inspiring and informative conversations we’ll have we these luminaries.”
As the advisors have pointed out during initial conversations, marketing is currently at a crossroad. Marketers are battling the clock, legacy systems and processes, and innumerable myths.
Ginger Conlon, US editor of The Drum, added: "There’s no better time to shine a spotlight on those in the industry brave enough to do bold, impactful work, to join art and science to their best effect, and to take the risks that help move the industry forward. With our board’s insight, that’s exactly what we plan to do."
Follow The Drum's daily news updates through the newsletter section here.