Created to highlight the extraordinary work carried out by both individuals and teams, across the creative, design and tech industries, The Majors awards hosted annually by Major Players in conjunction with The Drum – took place last week.
Major Players started The Majors four years ago to celebrate those that have spent the last year at the top of their games, showing innovative and results-driven work above all else. As a recruiter we work with brilliant people and we are in a great position to foster and celebrate the industry’s talent.
Netflix, having been crowned favourite brand by the public, they took home the title of Major Brand while independent PR and creative agency, Taylor Herring, walked away with two awards for both Major Agency and Major PR team.
This year three new categories were introduced making The Majors 2018 the biggest yet. Fran Brooke won the Major Business Developer award for her work growing MullenLowe London, Jim Compton-Hall took away the stand-alone prize for Major Copywriter and to shine some light on the new companies revolutionising their industries, Major Startup was introduced and saw Perlego take the title.
Allison Upton, marketing director, Major Players, “There are many awards for businesses, but few that recognise the talents of the individual. We wanted to create something that supports and highlights the brands and agencies, but mainly the people behind the scenes that often go unnoticed.”
The Major Diversity award was won by Creative Mentor Network for their work inspiring and mentoring BAME audiences to pursue a career in the creative industry. TouchNote received the Major Influencer Campaign awards, and C-Space took home the Major Marketing Team title.
Alongside the entrants and winners who assembled in East London, many of the judges were amongst them of who this year included:
- Nishma Robb, Marketing Director at Google
- Scott Allen, CMO at Microsoft
- Christine Morgan, Director of PR at Debenhams
- Ben Carter, UK Marketing Director at JustEat
- Lawrence Weber, Managing Partner at Kamarama
- Sarah Warman, VP Brand Strategy at Brewdog
- Kuba Wieczorek, CMO of Eve Sleep
- Fabiana Xavier, President of SheSays London
- Ben Aronsten, CMO of Seedrs
- Ali Hanan Founder & CEO of Creative Equals
- Laura Bambach, Mr President
- Kat Hahn, Creative Strategist at Facebook & Instagram
- Emma Booty, former Creative Director at The Body Shop
- Lolly Morris, Design Director at iris Worldwide
- Alison Holberton, Global PR at Airbnb
- Richard Robinson, Managing Partner at Econsultancy and Centaur
- Scott McLeod, Head of Engagement at Everton Football Club
- Jenny Caven, Head of Communications at Slimming World
- Peter Knapp, Global Creative Officer at Landor
- Rachel Bristow, Communications Manager at Sky Media
- Tim Dowling, Head of communications at Slimming World
- Katie Carruthers, Creative Director at Digitas
- Cat Martin, Communications Director at Bauer Media
- Louise Halliday, Head of Marketing and Communications at Royal Albert Hall
- Justine Manche, Global Director of Brand & Creative Services at Tata Communications
- Victoria Morris, Global Communications Director at Bacardi Global
- Craig Smith, Digital Commerce Director at Ted Baker
You can view the winners and more about The Majors here.
Major Social Media Campaign
Major Business Developer
Crispin Porter + Bogusky
Major Diversity Champion
Creative Mentor Network
Major Influencer Campaign
Major Marketing Team
Major PR Team