Key insights from the latest 'Mary Meeker report' that media professionals should know
The latest Internet Trends report from Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers (KPCB) is out, detailing how half of the global population now has access to the internet and that voice is increasingly how people interact with it, plus the rise of Amazon as well as machine learning.
The report, ‘aka The Mary Meeker report’ is often touted as a must read by leading minds in the media industry and was unveiled yesterday (May 30) by the KPCB analyst.
Coming in at circa 300 slides long, the comprehensive study spans a vast range of topics from user numbers, media trends, gaming, and even healthcare. The Drum selects the top line figures concerning media professionals.
- Internet penetration is now at 49% with year-on-year growth of 7%
- Smartphone shipments are now officially flat at 0%
- The average daily mobile video usage now exceeds 30 minutes with new content types emerging
- Machine learning is on the rise
- 'Amazon it' may not be as pithy as 'Googling' but it really is a thing
- Here's what online advertisers care about in rank order
- Mobile ad spend continues to lag consumer eyeballs
- The growth of online ad spend is starting to slow
Click here to download a full copy of the report