We Are Social doubles down in China; six things to note about their new Beijing office
We Are Social have doubled down on efforts in China with a new office in Beijing, its second China office after the agency’s Shanghai office.
Here are a couple of things to note about We Are Social’s Beijing office:
- Beijing is We Are Social’s second office after Shanghai, which was opened two years ago in 2015 with founding clients such as L’Oreal, Liebherr and GMAC, which administer the GMAT exam.
- The Shanghai office has grown to over 60 people from a two-man team two year ago, and now boasts of 15 retained clients such as Beats by Dre, MCM and Acer.
- We Are Social Beijing will launch with founding clients China Minsheng Bank, Nestlé, and China Mobile’s Migu.
- Pete Lin, founder of We Are Social Shanghai office and managing director of We Are Social in Greater China will lead the Beijing office. Lin has 19 years of experience in digital marketing and was initially from the US where he built the digital practice at Grey in San Francisco.
- Wenny Qin and Leslie Guo will join Lin as account director and creative director respectively. Qin joins the agency from Golin Magic while Guo joins from Hanzhong Group
- The Beijing office will work closely with the Shanghai office while having a spot in We Are Social’s global network that spans five continents.
We Are Social currently have offices in New York, London, Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing and Sydney, with a global client list that includes Netflix, Google, HSBC and Audi.
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up
We Are Social opens new Beijing office