JustGiving, the UK’s biggest social fundraising platform, has appointed Rooster PR to manage its UK crowdfunding press activity. Rooster PR will focus on promoting JustGiving’s personal fundraising pages to raise awareness of the site’s crowdfunding offering.
Rooster will be working closely with the in-house team, headed up by JustGiving’s PR director, Rhys Goode. Activity will focus on the placement of human interest stories in the national and regional UK media to drive press coverage for the website and its deserving fundraisers. The team’s proactive and reactive press office function will include monitoring the news agenda, finding and maximising trending campaigns as well as working on data and stats stories.
Rooster has already worked on several high-profile stories since being appointed in March including:
- JustGiving’s largest and fastest growing crowdfunding appeal ever, raising over £500,000 in less than 24 hours for 17-year-old British F4 driver Billy Monger who lost both his lower legs after a high-speed crash.
- JustGiving’s second largest personal crowdfunding campaign, which raised an incredible £736,133 in memory of PC Keith Palmer following March's Westminster attack.
- The fundraising efforts in memory of British ultra-cyclist Mike Hall who was killed during the Indian Pacific Wheel Race.
- The campaign supporting 17-year old asylum seeker Reker Ahmed who was attacked in Croydon.
- The fund for terminal seven-year-old cancer patient Filip Kwasny whose last wish was to be buried beside his late mother.
Rhys Goode, JustGiving’s PR director, said: “JustGiving is already known across the UK as the leading charity fundraising platform and we’re aiming to reach similar awareness levels for crowdfunding. We’re excited to combine our 15 years’ social giving experience with Rooster’s extensive PR expertise in the crowdfunding arena to position JustGiving as the ‘one stop shop for fundraising’ and to continue to grow the world of giving.”
Rooster's managing director, James Brooke, said: “JustGiving is an inspirational company that helps people raise money for a wide range of deserving causes. We’re proud to have been appointed to help them showcase what an incredible impact their crowdfunding pages can make on peoples’ lives. The team has already hit the ground running, working on several heart-wrenching appeals that have touched the heart of the nation.”
JustGiving is the world’s leading social platform for giving, enabling more than 20 million people across 164 countries to raise $4.2 billion since 2001. As a tech-for-good company, JustGiving reinvests all its profits into the development of world-class technology and innovative tools to fulfill its mission to connect people with the causes they care about.