It starts with, "Twas the night before the draft, when all through the league, teams were ranking the prospects with growing intrigue, the draft boards were hung on the wall with great care."
Then it shows ESPN football analyst, Mel Kiper, and the narrator says, “It seemed like Mel Kiper knows exactly what’s there.” Then it continues with Coach Jon Gruden, where it says, “Coach Gruden will tell you what your team will need.”
Then it ends with, “It’s that time again. The NFL Draft begins.”
ESPN NFL Live host Trey Wingo will host all seven rounds of the NFL Draft for the first time. He will be joined by Mel Kiper Jr., Jon Gruden and Louis Riddick in Round 1 and Kiper, Riddick and Todd McShay for Rounds 2-7. Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber will also be part of ESPN’s coverage from the host city, Philadelphia.
According to ESPN’s Media Zone, the production highlights from the draft include:
- Close to 500 player highlight packages
- 50 player personality bumps
- More than 40 specialty technical breakdowns with analysis from Gruden, Riddick and McShay
- More than 30 player live shots
- 22 cameras, including two RF handheld cameras, two RF steadicams, three jib cameras, three robotic cameras and a cable camera
- Red carpet interviews
- Select draft room cameras from team sites
- Camera at Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Ohio State campus parties
- Camera with Raiders fans at Legends Sports Bar & Grill in Las Vegas
- Camera at Myles Garrett’s draft party in Dallas and at Christian McCaffrey’s draft party in Denver