Lowe's and Applebee's see largest Social Lift from commercials in March
Found Remote is continuing our partnership with 4C to look at brands' Social Lift after their commercials air. Lowe's and Applebee's were in the lead in March. Here are the full insights for the above charts.
- Broadcast TV spots during the NCAA tournament drove 194% TV Social Lift Impact for Applebee’s, helping Applebee’s earn an average social engagement lift of 144% during March and claim the top spot in the broadcast rankings. Applebee’s came in 8th in the cable rankings, also largely due to its spots throughout March Madness.
- Lowe’s, another NCAA partner benefited from ads throughout March Madness as well as its campaign focused on “The Moment” that tells stories of when home improvement projects begin. Lowe’s ranked 1st in cable and 2nd in broadcast with TV Social Lift Impacts of 92% and 124% respectively.
- Ads on Nickelodeon, Disney XD, and Cartoon Network promoting Lego’s sets for the Star Wars and Lego Batman movies increased social engagement for Lego and helped the brickmaker achieve the 2nd spot in the cable rankings with an average social engagement lift of 91%.
- Broadcast ads promoting Under Armour’s partnership with Kohl’s helped drive an 84% increase social engagement for Under Armour.
Methodology from 4C:
- To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
- By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- For example, Applebee’s 143.6% TV Social Lift Impact means Applebee's broadcast TV ads increased T-Mobile’s social engagements by 143.6% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners rely on the 4C Insights Affinity Graph™ to identify their most valuable audiences and improve effectiveness across channels. With nearly $1 billion in annualized media spend running through its software-as-a-service platform, 4C offers activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax™ television monitoring network which detects over 400 million TV asset airings on an annual basis. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 15 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong, India and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.