T-Mobile and Subway see largest Social Lift from commercials in January
Found Remote is continuing our partnership with 4C to look at brands' Social Lift after their commercials air. T-Mobile and Subway were in the lead as the year began.
- T-Mobile drove social lift and claimed the #1 spot on the broadcast rankings as consumers responded to its ads highlighting pesky fees.
- Subway's $6 footlong ads helped drive a 145.7% increase in social engagement from cable and a 94.3% increase from broadcast for the sandwich maker on cable.
- Consumers were enamored with the iPhone’s portrait mode as its Take Mine spot helped Apple’s social engagement increase by 97.6%.
- In January people responded strongly to the telco category with 3 of the 4 largest providers earning top spots in the broadcast rankings.
- Food was a hot topic with cable TV ads driving high lifts for Subway, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Taco Bell.
To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up
For example, T-Mobile's 111% TV Social Lift Impact means T-Mobile's broadcast TV ads increased T-Mobile’s social engagements by 111% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners use 4C to improve effectiveness on TV, digital, social and mobile. The 4C product suite includes activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax global TV monitoring network and proprietary social affinity database. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 17 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, India and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.