Amazon and Netflix ramp up marketing as the holiday season heats up
For November, Amazon was heavily promoting the return of Mozart in the Jungle, while Netflix, The Crown. Here is the full analysis.
Amazon's Mozart in the Jungle
- Amazon won the total # of online websites by a landslide--running on 251 unique online websites. Top shows promoted were Suits, Mozart in the Jungle, and Complete Unknown.
- Netflix debuted two major shows this November with a significant advertising push for The Crown (November 4th launch) and Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (November 25th launch). The two shows accounted for 82% of Netflix's online video ads and 50% of the online websites Netflix ran across.
- Hulu made a big digital push for Broad City across 54% of the online websites that Hulu advertised on and made an extensive linear push for Chance on 96% of the TV networks that Hulu shows advertised on.
- Seeso's digital push was sizable, relative to the small # of total shows to total # of online websites. For six shows, they advertised across 42 websites. Top shows promoted included HarmonQuest, Hidden America with Jonah Ray, and Doug Stanhope: No Place Like Home.
- Go90's most advertised show in November was Top Grier featuring 16-year-old Vine star, Hayes Grier to try his hand at running a farm. Grier is also famous for becoming the youngest contestant on Dancing with the Stars.
MediaRadar revolutionizes the way ad sales teams do business. This innovative SaaS tool streamlines communication, delivers advanced analytics and quickly identifies new business opportunities. Through a customized intuitive dashboard, clients easily view analytics and actionable advertising insights for over 2.6 million brands. Instantly receive insights that combine TV and print with digital analysis, including new ad formats like online video, mobile, and native. MediaRadar can also pinpoint new business and determine revenue potential. It also helps sales reps plan their pipeline and prioritize the most important points to pitch. This amazing service eliminates the guesswork, so ad execs can focus their time pitching. MediaRadar is a cross-platform solution that is constantly innovating with the ad tech landscape. No longer is it necessary to piece together information from multiple tech products to build a pitch; ad teams can get all their information with ONE tool.
The latest marketing news and insights straight to your inbox.
Get the best of The Drum by choosing from a series of great email briefings, whether that’s daily news, weekly recaps or deep dives into media or creativity.Sign up