The relationship between television and Snapchat continues to grow stronger, reminiscent of the early days of Twitter. Turner just announced a major expansion of their deal with Snapchat that includes collaborating on ad sales. "The deal encompasses content, distribution and advertising centered around Turner’s leading portfolio of networks, programming, events and brands," according to the announcement.
Turner has been busy recently making major investments to guarantee that they are part of the evolution of the business. They recently acquired Gary Vaynerchuk-backed BRaVe Ventures that brought industry veterans David Beck and Jesse Redniss in-house to lead innovation.
Here are the major details of the partnership from the company:
- Turner will work with Snap to develop original shows from its buzzworthy series and brands such as TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Great Big Story and Super Deluxe.
- Turner’s portfolio, which reaches more than 75% of millennials each month, will create and produce original content from its popular franchises and networks specifically for Snapchat’s mobile-first audience.
- Turner’s Bleacher Report, the industry-leading digital sports brand for the millennial generation, will launch a Discover Channel in the U.S., comprised of videos, images, animations and graphics covering the top stories in sports each day.
- The new Bleacher Report channel builds off its existing portfolio of popular international Discover Channels and launches on Jan. 4, 2017.
- The agreement continues to leverage Snapchat’s immersive Live Stories with expanded coverage of Turner’s premium sports content, including the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and the PGA Championship.
- Turner and Snapchat will collaborate on advertising sales, developing exclusive and immersive ad experiences that provide brands the space to connect with millennials in a dynamic mobile environment within original shows and Live Stories.
- The two companies will also provide sponsors with creative advertising opportunities on the Discover Channels, offering brands a full-screen, creative canvas for mobile storytelling.