Amazon quadruples the number of shows it is marketing
Amazon's Goliath is one of its Flagship original content series
For the beginning of November, Amazon ramped up its marketing from 4 to 22 shows. Netflix is still in the lead. Here's the chart and full analysis.
- Amazon had its biggest ad push yet. Amazon more than quadrupled the number of shows it promotes from 4 shows to 22. Amazon highlighted some new shows this week including: The Bay; Vikings; Star Trek; The Neon Demon; Bookaboo and BeFit.
- Amazon had an unprecedented amount of unique video ads compared to other OTT companies. It has more than tripled number of unique video ads from 17 to 74 with a focus on Good Girls Revolt, Goliath and BeFit.
- Go90 increased online websites from one to nine with an emphasis on Raising Heaven which debuted on October 24th. The show spotlights 6-year-old YouTube dance phenomenon Heaven King.
- Netflix launched ads for four new shows (compared to previous weeks): Black Mirror, The Ranch, True Memoirs of an International Assassin, The Do-Over and The Crown.
- The Crown (a Netflix original) accounted for nearly 50% of the online websites that Netflix advertised across. The Crown was the top Netflix show advertised this week across eight TV networks with 8 unique TV spots.
- Chance was Hulu's most advertised show this week.It's a Hulu original series that debuted on October 19 starring Hugh Laurie. It was promoted across 96% of the TV networks and 43% of the online websites for Hulu.
MediaRadar revolutionizes the way ad sales teams do business. This innovative SaaS tool streamlines communication, delivers advanced analytics and quickly identifies new business opportunities. Through a customized intuitive dashboard, clients easily view analytics and actionable advertising insights for over 2.6 million brands. Instantly receive insights that combine TV and print with digital analysis, including new ad formats like online video, mobile, and native. MediaRadar can also pinpoint new business and determine revenue potential. It also helps sales reps plan their pipeline and prioritize the most important points to pitch. This amazing service eliminates the guesswork, so ad execs can focus their time pitching. MediaRadar is a cross-platform solution that is constantly innovating with the ad tech landscape. No longer is it necessary to piece together information from multiple tech products to build a pitch; ad teams can get all their information with ONE tool.