Found Remote recently announced a new partnership with 4C to look at brands' Social Lift after their commercials air. AT&T and Playstation were in the lead in October. Here are the full insights for the above charts.
- AT&T jumped from the 8th spot in September to achieve the highest social lift among brands in October. Immediately after a TV spot aired, AT&T saw a 110% increase in social engagement compared to AT&T’s average level of social engagement level. TV spots promoting live streaming and unlimited data for AT&T and DirecTV subscribers on NFL and College Football programming drove the highest impact.
- PlayStation achieved the highest social lift from it’s cable ads with a 89% TV Social Lift. Ads for the launch of its new Batman Arkham VR game drove the most social engagement for PlayStation. Additionally, Thursday and Friday cable placements drove the highest social response.
- Home Depot took the 2nd spot on the Broadcast TV Social Lift ranking while Lowe’s earned the 2nd spot on the cable ranking. Home Depot’s impact was driven by NFL and College Football placements. Lowe’s leaned into timely horror movies throughout October.
- IKEA and Macy’s both saw strong responses on social media from their broadcast and cable ad initiatives.
Methodology from 4C:
- To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
- By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- For example, Arby’s 113.0% TV Social Lift Impact means Arby’s cable TV ads increased Arby’s social engagements by 92.8% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners use 4C to improve effectiveness on TV, digital, social and mobile. The 4C product suite includes activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax global TV monitoring network and proprietary social affinity database. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 17 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, India and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.