Black Mirror gains in popularity among top digital series in the US
The creepy, digital-infused, intoxicating and Twilight Zone-style Black Mirror is back on Netflix and gaining in popularity. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
Top Digital Originals from Parrot Analytics
For October 27th-2nd Nobember, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 16,541,757
- Marvel's Luke Cage, Netflix: 15,881,012
- Haters Back Off, Netflix: 8,746,635
- Narcos, Netflix:6,813,679
- Black Mirror, Netflix: 6,674,423
Insights from Parrot:
- Demand for Luke Cage has fallen by about 50% in the month since its premiere, resulting in Stranger Things overtaking it to become the most in-demand digital original series again.
- Though its demand has also decreased significantly, Haters Back Off remains strong at third place. The show, which premiered in mid-October, has about 30% more demand than the other digital originals in the top five.
- Netflix aired its first original season of Black Mirror on October 21st, but two weeks afterwards, its average demand is slightly less than that of an older hit, Narcos.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com