10 Content marketing facts marketers need to know
No more boring content
1) America’s Association of National Advertisers (ANA) pronounced ‘content marketing’ the ‘2015 Marketing Word of the Year’ ahead of ‘programmatic’, ‘transparency’ and ‘storytelling’.
2) Content marketing in the UK is worth an estimated £5.2bn a year, with budgets increasing at around 25 per cent a year.
3) 74 per cent of the public trusts content from a business that aims to educate readers about a particular topic.
4) Outbrain and Taboola combined serve over 181bn recommendations a month to over 900m users.
5) 49 per cent of B2B and 51 per cent of B2C marketers were challenged with measuring content effectiveness in the previous year.
6) Less than 10 per cent of the online population account for 85 per cent of clicks.
7) The average blog post in 2015 was 900 words long, 10% longer than the previous year.
8) Average word count in the 2015 of top ranking content in Google was between 1,140 and 1,285 words.
9) 91 per cent of buyers prefer interactive content such as quizzes, calculators, polls, and surveys.
10) Including a product pitch within an article would bring the content’s credibility down by 29 per cent.
To learn more about content marketing and how to effectively use it, view our series, In short 3 minute videos, produced in association with PulsePoint, you will learn about: