8 Snapchat stats brands can't afford to ignore
With a fresh rebrand of it's parent company to Snap inc. and the launch of spectacles, their video recording sunglasses. There is no doubting Snaps ambitious growth plans beyond it's popular app, positioning itself as a must use channel for brands to reach customers. These eight Snapchat stats prove just how important it should be to every marketer.
8 Snapchat stats that prove its growing dominance
1) Snapchat currently has over 150 million daily users , with European users accounting for 50 million of these, the US and Canada account for 60 million.
2) Two thirds of Snapchat users create content daily.
3)The average user spends 25 to 30 minutes on Snapchat.
4) Ad revenues are estimated to hit $366.69m in 2016, growing to $935.46m in 2017.
5) Videos generate more than 10bn views a day, up from 4bn a day in 2015.
6) Geofilters are viewed over 1bn times a day, up from 500m a day in a few months.
7) 49 million users turned to Snapchat to watch coverage from the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
8) 41 per cent of 18 to 34 year olds in the US use Snapchat each day.
See how some brands are using Snapchat successfully: